Wednesday, October 1, 2014

"Boot the BOOT!!!"

Early fall is full of vibrant colors.  We all enjoy Jack Frost's antics and t's enough to almost overwhelm this artist!  It's my favorite time of year!!

Several days ago, I had welcome news - after a month of wearing  a boot to protect my right ankle
after surgery to remove some old hardware. - I was finally allowed stop wearing the boot and I am sharing a a picture that I took looking down at the contraption!

How very pleasant it is to have my still tender footsie where I can wiggle my toes with ease.  This is cause for celebration!  Still have to keep my foot elevated, and am sternly instructed to "Take it easy!"  Difficult for me - who always like to move from one project to another.

I've almost finished a small watercolor of a barn, and checked it now in the "light of day".  It needs a zing of bright color somewhere vaguely near its center.  Hot pink or orange would do the trick.Maybe even a suggestion of some old dried berries on stalks woodwork..  Kind of like "trimming" a hat or getting dressed up and deciding what, if amy, jewelry to wear.  Always a bit less that you first think!

 I  like to try out little accents on small pieces of watercolor paper - and test by placing them on  the almost finished painting to see how they work, Artistic license!   I'll decide, finish the painting  and try to photograph it and show it to you on the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment